Help Us Reach Our Goals!
Arts, Entertainment, and Sports Law Society
The Arts, Entertainment & Sports Law Society (AESLS) is an organization dedicated to establishing connections between the UConn Law community and arts, entertainment, and sports law practitioners. We facilitate students' access to resources and opportunities in this diverse and evolving field, and assist students in honing pertinent practical skills through networking events, brown-bag lunch discussions, pro bono initiatives, and a variety of other events and activities.
Help us ensure the success of our current annual events, and provide students with new opportunities to attend industry events, which will facilitate educational and professional experiences!
- ESPN Networking Event where students enjoy dinner and networking with several ESPN attorneys.
- Entertainment and Technology Law Conference in New York City.
- NBC Sports tour and Q & A with In-House Counsel.
- We would like to reduce travel costs to networking events throughout Connecticut and New York City.
- We would like to be able to send students to some of the following Moot Court competitions to increase UConn Law's national presence:
- DePaul University National Cultural Heritage Law Moot Court Competition (Art Law)
- Tulane Mardi Gras Sports Law Invitational
- Pepperdine University School of Law National Entertainment Law Moot Court Competition
- Cardozo Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI) Moot Court Competition
- Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition (IP/Trademark and Unfair Competition Law)
- IPTLS collaboration for a 4 week joint lecture series
- Student Bar Association collaboration for a UConn Football Game